NETSCOUT vSTREAM Review

A user-friendly solution that is easy to install and improves visibility

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

It is used for managing traffic that is coming in and our of virtual environments like VMware. We can data mine all of the traffic from the cloud as if it were an on-premises server.

How has it helped my organization?

vSTREAM gives us better visibility and reporting about our network infrastructure, allowing for cost-optimization. It shows us where we are losing money with respect to infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ASI, which gives us visibility at the nanosecond level.

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements made to the user guide. From my personal experience, it is helpful to see a list of steps describing what to do next in different situations. An example is what to do and what to back up in the case of certain types of failure. There are also cases where a customer can't understand specific features. Enhancements to the user guide would be helpful for this.

More features for network fragmentation would be helpful.

I have been working with NETSCOUT vSTREAM for the past year.

This is a stable product.

I would say that this is not a scalable solution.

Our client has between 1,000 and 2,000 employees on their network.

The technical support is very good and they are responsive, although they need to add more phone lines to India or the Pacific region. Really, they need more engineers in support because when you call, it takes between 45 minutes and an hour to connect with an engineer.

The initial setup is very easy.

vSTREAM is connected to our virtual environment using the MAC addresses of the hardware.

What other advice do I have?