Netskope CASB Review

Good interface with good onboarding and an easy to deploy agent

What is our primary use case?

We have two main use cases. The first one is for APIs only. We have the APIs connected to this console, and they include the API from Facebook Workspaces, and also Google.

The other use case is for URL filtering using an agent of Netskope.

What is most valuable?

The agent is the easiest to deploy. Once it's deployed, it easy to enable features such as URL filtering, et cetera.

The interface is good.

The onboarding process is pretty straightforward.

The configuration is okay.

There' lots of great new features.

It's one of the best solutions on the market.

What needs improvement?

The way that policies or profiles are set up can be adjusted. You have to create a list of policies and then you need to reorder everything if you want to adjust the way that the policy is applied to traffic. In some cases, when you have a lot of policies, it can get confusing for users and you can get lost in the GUI. Maybe they can improve on how to order everything.

In the short term, the solution really doesn't need to add any other features.

I've been using the solution for about a year or so now. It hasn't been that long.

At this time, after about one year of use, I have heard that there were a few issues, however, it's been minimal. For the most part, it is stable.

I haven't witnessed any issues with scalability. It seems that it would be possible to scale.

At the moment, most of our users are engineers and then we have 19 to 25 users at the bottom, and people from a few different departments including administration, finance, and IT.

We do not plan to increase usage at this time, at least, in terms of users.

We haven't had any issues and therefore have never really had a need to reach out to technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are overall.

We didn't previously use any other solution.

The initial setup was okay The deployment we handled was small. It only took us about two weeks to get everything up and running.

At this time, two people are in charge of deployment and maintenance.

I don't have any information about the licensing. It's not an aspect of the solution I really deal with.

We did take a look at McAfee before choosing this solution.

We also looked at Bitglass, however, there wasn't really an evaluation process that went into effect. We just took a quick look.

We looked at the infrastructure and how the solutions could control latency between users and applications.

What other advice do I have?

We are both a partner and a high-end user.

We are always using the latest version of the solution, as it updates automatically. The console is running on a Netskope site. From there, a user can deploy agents to a computer or servers on-prem or on the cloud, however, it's not the console itself. It's the agent's server that is forwarded to the cloud.

It's important to look at the solution to see how it will work for your company, A solution might have a good user interface, a beautiful console, and nice graphics, however, you really need to look deeper to see if it fits your organization's needs.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It's been very useful for us so far.

82.1
More Netskope CASB reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Zscaler SASE
Find out what your peers are saying about Netskope, McAfee, Microsoft and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.