Netskope CASB Review

Responsive support, reliable, and has plenty of features

What is our primary use case?

I have done a couple of implementations from small to large enterprise IT companies.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most useful features to be the Web Secure Gateway, CASB, infrastructural service scanning, and Zero Trust. Additionally, the UI is very simple to work with.

What needs improvement?

There should be some granular custom roles that are not available. However, this is on the road map. There are many devices that do not have the Zero Trust feature and other enhancements available which they should have.

In an upcoming release, they need to improve the reverse proxy. There are only a limited amount of applications that support it and are not able to be managed. Additionally, there should be improvements in the policy structure to restrict scrolling up and down.

I have been using the solution for approximately three years.

The solution is stable. However, if you do not keep the solution upgraded monthly you might run into some stability issues.

The solution is suitable for small to large enterprise companies.

The technical support is very good with the premium service. They were very responsive with the solutions we needed and the tickets we were dealt with at a high priority.

The price of the solution is fair but it depends on your use case.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement the solution is you have to plan it out first. It is always good to know exactly how the solution operates before you are going to implement it. Plan it accordingly, rather than deploying it on all machines. First implement it on every business unit with some test users, test plans, test policies deployed, and test it out. Not all applications are supported by any of the security of the entire solution. Those applications that are not supported you have to bypass them. At this stage, only the deployment has to be done. You have a defined project plan and it is important to follow it.

I rate Netskope CASB a nine out of ten.

More Netskope CASB reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Zscaler SASE
Find out what your peers are saying about Netskope, McAfee, Microsoft and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.