Netsparker Web Application Security Scanner Review

Great reporting review tool and very stable with an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily used the solution as a proof of concept using it for assessing the security of one of our web applications.

What is most valuable?

The most attractive feature was the reporting review tool. The reporting review was very impressive and produced very fruitful reports.

What needs improvement?

The proxy review, the use report views, the current use tool and the subset requests need some improvement. It was hard to understand how to use them.

I've been using the solution for about two months.

The solution is very stable.

As I was only working on the demo version of the solution, I can't speak to how scalable it would be.

The technical support team was very helpful. They offered me a demo before I started using the tool, and the demo was very impressive.

We previously used a different tool, but it was also a demo, like Netsparker. We wanted to try Netsparker, so we moved to their demo.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I handled the implementation myself.

I tried some different tools. Some of them were full versions whereas others were demo versions like Netsparker.

What other advice do I have?

We're using a demo of the latest version for a POC. We used the on-premises deployment model.

I'd recommend Netsparker for anyone who wants to make a security assessment for web applications.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. The tool is full of useful features. However, the intercepting reviews in terms of web requests need some enhancements to be more usable.