NetSuite ERP Review

Provides financial tools and inventory management.

What is most valuable?

Financial tools and inventory management allow scalability to high volume multi-channel orders and fulfillment.

How has it helped my organization?

As a consultant/implementer, we track all projects and financial tasks.

We use NetSuite tools to handle a multi channel, high volume order environment providing insight and profitability by channel and product velocity and profitability.

What needs improvement?

The CRM module just does the basics. I’ve worked with CRM tools for over 15 years, rolling out Siebel and Oracle as a sales manager and as an IT leader. I now deploy NetSuite ERP and eCommerce.

I’ve worked with the SFDC folks in extensive demos as well as some contact management software. I know my way around this CRM subject area reasonably well.

The NetSuite tools perform the needed functions that a sales team needs. Because it is integral to the NetSuite platform with a variety of technical tools, I feel it is more capable for the sophisticated user.

My sense is that sales teams having sophisticated capability without having the time to learn or benefit from it, does not compete with the SFDC approach of rapid start up and simplicity for the end user.

Embedded graphics and a simpler UI seem to win over the sales teams. That is why the CRM within the NetSuite application is best sold as part of an enterprise sale. This prevents the sales team from going their own way in application selection. Companies that choose the best breed of solutions and then choose to integrate them, create a sub-optimized enterprise solution.

Do not treat the CRM capability as a bolt on to the excellent ERP platform.

Give the CRM module the embedded graphics and faster responding user interface for laptops and mobile devices that attracts the general sales and marketing teams.

For more sophisticated CRM users, leverage the native tie in to ERP and eCommerce for real time financial, inventory, and sales data.

I have used NetSuite ERP for three and a half years.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

Technical support is excellent.

We made the switch from on premise applications to cloud-based NetSuite.

Setup is straightforward. The methodology is extremely important. If the core business model and financial strategy is implemented correctly, all other modules become sequential building blocks.

Order at the end of the quarter.

We evaluated Oracle, SAP, Sage, and QuickBooks.

What other advice do I have?

Build out the business and process models and walk through them multiple times. If there are integration points, make sure data mapping is part of the process model.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a reseller and provide professional services.
More NetSuite ERP reviews from users