NetSuite ERP Review

Provides a 360 degree customer view.

What is most valuable?

It’s a complete ERP Solution.

How has it helped my organization?

I really like the CRM module of NetSuite that gives a 360-degree customer view. Its CRM module is very much customized out-of-the-box as per most of the companies.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvement around the Revenue Recognition module.

Right now, several templates are there, but they are either too complicated, or they are difficult to configure, from a company finance perspective.

In addition, I would like to see improvements in the inventory module and in the manufacturing domain.

I have used this product for seven years.

Stability is sometimes a concern in NetSuite. To my thinking, if NetSuite is not configured correctly during implementation, and if there is too much customization (in terms of scripting) in a NetSuite account, then stability becomes a concern.

The architecture around NetSuite needs to be designed very carefully, considering all of the factors.

Scalability is never a major issue with NetSuite, if all the factors are considered during the implementation phase.

The technical support rating can be defined as per the support taken. This can be Silver, Gold, or Platinum. If you select Silver, then you cannot really expect much support.

I have experience working with SAP. When compared with NetSuite, the latter is bit easier to configure for the features which are not present out-of-the-box.

The initial setup was more or less straightforward for NetSuite. It needs to be handled properly considering the clients' requirements.

Pricing in NetSuite is cheaper, if compared with SAP. But when it comes to license costs, you really need to discuss and itemize a description around teams, departments, and who will be using this system. You then need to plan accordingly.

We deployed SAP in the past.

What other advice do I have?

Focus needs to be given to the tiny details of company business rules beforehand. You then need to evaluate if those tiny business rules can really be implemented in NetSuite without much customization out-of-the-box.

More NetSuite ERP reviews from users