NetSuite OneWorld Review

Very flexible solution with almost limitless options for customizations and integrations

What is most valuable?

Highly customizable: Allows us to use it the way we need to instead of changing our needs and processes to fit the product.

How has it helped my organization?

Improved our ability to manage projects, budget, related expenses, and accurately bill our customers for time and materials. Also, we improved our reporting ability considerably.

What needs improvement?

The Project Management User Interface is lacking. The UI could use an update to make it more user-friendly. Multi-subsidiary features could be improved to make the accounting process easier.

Three to five years.

This is a cloud-based solution. We had a few instances where the system was not available, but the vendor is always very quick to respond and fix.

Not so far.

Tech support is very good. If the support rep does not know the answer, they are very quick to escalate to the right group. They have excellent documentation and assist with customizations.

Our old solution did not meet our needs anymore. It was very difficult to report and handle accounting functions on it. Also, we were unable to support international expansion.

The setup was very complex, because we have very complex requirements, especially in accounting. A business with simple requirements could be up and running very quickly.

Consider the roles of the employees who will use NetSuite and identify any groups who will only utilize the employee center. These licenses are cheaper and will reduce costs significantly.

Yes, Salesforce and Intacct.

What other advice do I have?

The product is very flexible with almost limitless options for customizations and integrations. Having said that, Accounting is its main focus, so it is lacking in features when used for project management or support cases which are out-of-the-box. Overall, it is a great product for someone who wants to have a single system that handles all aspects of the business and does a great job making information visible across the company.