New Relic APM Review

Easy to use, gets the job done, and provides good breakdown and in-depth details

What is our primary use case?

We are basically testing three products before going live with the new release of the software. We are also using it to monitor our production.

How has it helped my organization?

You can immediately see if there is some slowness. It can also alert you, and you can fix the problem pretty soon. In pre-production, you can ensure that everything is okay, and you don't put the worst performance to production. The performance should at least be at the same level as before.

What is most valuable?

The breakdown of the response time of different components and getting in-depth details of the slow component are the most valuable features.

It is easy to use, and it gets the job done.

What needs improvement?

There has been some problem with the agent, and it is just not working well. It is not able to record information with the application server. They have been able to fix the issue, but it took quite a long time. This is the main issue in the APM products and also in New Relic.

The mobile application monitoring has been pretty difficult to set up and also quite expensive. It should be a little bit easier and cheaper. Because it is pretty difficult and expensive, many customers don't take it.

I have been using this solution for four years.

Their technical support is pretty good. Sometimes, they took longer than I hoped. There were times when they took a couple of days, but I got help, and it is working.

What other advice do I have?

They seem to have a new pricing model, and I would advise others to look out and ask them before buying.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that you don't always guess right. Without APM, you can guess where the problem is, but with APM, you can actually see where it is, which is nice to know.

I would rate New Relic APM a nine out of ten. It is a good product. There might be another product that is better than this, but this is the product that I use and recommend first.

More New Relic APM reviews from users
...who compared it with Datadog
Learn what your peers think about New Relic APM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.