New Relic APM Review

The reports on SLA metrics and scalability are very useful tool.

Valuable Features

The application monitoring and Insights functionality. From an Ops perspective the application metrics NR provides opens the hood. I use it often in combination with load and stress tests on UAT environments. The application behavior allows me to discuss the results with the team and focus on possible issues real soon. NR is a very useful tool in a devops and continuous delivery strategy. The reports on SLA metrics and scalability are a very useful tool for service managers.

Improvements to My Organization

It allows the Ops teams to better cooperate with the DEV teams. Essential in a devops culture is that the different role within a devops team use the same metrics and data. NR provides some of this data and input.

Use of Solution

For about three years now.

Customer support is ok. They are easy to reach and you don’t have to wait for answers too long.

Technical support is ok. They are easy to reach and you don’t have to wait for answers too long.

I am not an engineer but one of the pros for use of NR is the ease of implementation. Our engineers find it easy to implement this toolset.

ROI

This is a hard one. The ROI is not crystal clear but can be found in preventing performance issues in production and a better/shorter troubleshoot possibility when suffering performance- and/or scalability/Availability issues on a production system.

Other Solutions Considered

We considered AppDynamics. It's is a more mature product in my opinion, but far more expensive.

Other Advice

Certainly do so. Great product which helps in quality and performance assurance of your webapps. Also helps in troubleshooting issues and brings Ops and Dev closer.

2 visitors found this review helpful