New Relic APM Review

We're able to identify incorrectly optimized SQL queries, external machine bottlenecks, and other low performance issues.

Valuable Features

It helps us profile specific web server endpoints and identify what can be improved.

Improvements to My Organization

On a regular basis, we're able to identify incorrectly optimized SQL queries, external machine bottlenecks (i.e. higher throughput than can be handled), and other low performance issues.

Room for Improvement

I hope the next release has the ability to retain historical data.

A current limitation is comparing a present call with that of the same time the previous day, or previous week. It would be great to identify exactly which hours and days had lower performance than usual.

Use of Solution

I've used it since November 2013.

It's trivial.

It's trivial.

Support is quite good, around 8/10.

There is a lot of available resources online, and support leads you to their forums initially. Response times are within 24 hours if contacted by email.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

The documentation is very complete and the procedure itself takes about five minutes, plus deployment time.

Implementation Team

New Relic is a software as a service so there is no implementation per se, just a setup.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing is great!

There are many free plans, and the for pay ones add a few important features such as longer log backup.

Other Solutions Considered

I chose this product for its ease of integration with our software stack, and its very attractive price plan.

Other Advice

New Relic is a great SaaS which I will definitely continue using and will use in future products.

We're a very happy customer.