New Relic APM Review
It revealed where our code was insufficient or needed to be refactored, but most importantly, it told us where we had latency in throughput and response time.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us keep our customers happy, that’s the bottom line. When it responds the way they expect, they’re happy.

What is most valuable?

It shows us where the bottlenecks are in our code. It was great to reveal where our code was insufficient or needs to be refactored. The most important thing is that it tells us where the latency in throughput and response time are.

What needs improvement?

What we have we’re happy with, but we’re still evaluating.

Very stable. Never had any issues.

Very extensible. Support and QA can look at the parts they care about and that allows for feedback and communication across the teams. It’s been great for our support team.

Never had to contact them.

We knew that we were going to move into SaaS, and these are the kinds of tools we’re going to need to get there.

Very straightforward. In this day and age, that’s what you expect from a service like that. Being able to set my alerts and the thresholds for those alerts is very intuitive.

We look at what it produces – I don’t look at cost. We look at what you can get from the product. If it’s the right tool, it doesn’t matter what it costs because you’re going to get it back many-fold from your productivity.

New Relic was it. We looked at other things we could put together ourselves, but they weren’t the full package. Something like this is all-inclusive; it’s a one-step.

We look for their reputation, how many people are using the solution. When your peers talk about it, you know that’s something you should consider. Knowing also who their customers are and how long they’ve been around is important.

What other advice do I have?

The ease of use, the information you can get out of it from the very little things you do – you get so much out of it. It’s very intuitive. You don’t have to read a manual – you just use it.