New Relic APM Review

We can see easily what’s working and not, so there’s less downtime, but some training and documentation from them would be nice.

Valuable Features:

Dashboards let us monitor applications. We can see exactly what the problem is and where we need to go to troubleshoot it to solve the problem. Most of the time it tells us what the problem is. When you see it up in the application you put it exactly where you need it; we can troubleshoot simply by looking.

Improvements to My Organization:

If something goes bad, we can resolve it faster and in the proper way, rather than spending a lot of time just trying to understand what’s going on. We can see easily what’s working and not, so there’s less downtime.

Room for Improvement:

It’s really powerful with a lot of features, but some training and documentation from New Relic would be useful.

Stability Issues:

We had some problems at the beginning, but we may not have set it up properly. It’s not clear if it was stability problem in New Relic or in our application, and it was just at the beginning.

Scalability Issues:

Our stack is fixed, so we only scale within the set number of servers.

Initial Setup:

I wasn’t on the implementation team.

Other Advice:

Sometimes we just don’t know how to maximize the use of its features. If we had some additional training, that would help.