New Relic APM Review

Our end users are getting a better experience with our software as we're able to respond faster to any incidences. We could use, however, better ability to drill-down into errors.

Valuable Features

I like the integration with PagerDuty, so that helps spread out our on-call schedule. Application performance helps us drill down on the bottlenecks in our applications, to save us a lot of development time.

Improvements to My Organization

The real benefits are for end users. They’re getting a better experience with our software. It allows us to respond faster to any incidences.

Room for Improvement

• Better error reporting
  • Better ability to drill-down into errors

No problem at all.

It's absolutely great.

No problem at all.

They were fine. I spoke to a developer from the mobile team and he answered the question on the first attempt.

This is our first APM. We were looking for a solution that helped us to improve our customer experience. It was borne out of database issues we were having at the time. We had no APM solution prior – it was all done manually.

Straightforward. It would have been better to have more transparency to understand how New Relic actually slots onto your page, how it fits into your application.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at AppDynamics. New Relic felt like a better solution and the data that came out during the trial was better.

Other Advice

Breadth of features, user experience, and constant development of the platform, as well as the value it’s adding to our business. Our products have grown with the New Relic platform; we see the value that people are getting from the platform. The data pretty much speak for itself – sign up, get a trial, and use it in production immediately.