New Relic APM Review

Developers and operations people can look at the same data, but, although rare, there have been some times where it failed to record something.

Valuable Features

Transactions overview - we can track the slowest ones to see where the problems occur. It’s the first place we look for problems.

Improvements to My Organization

Both developers and operations people can look at the same data, and that’s a great benefit. Operations can monitor, as they’re also in charge of the website, and developers can use it to see code changes.

Room for Improvement

It could be faster, but they’re already working on making this.

Quite stable. There have been some times where it failed to record something, but those were rare. Pretty reliable.

No performance issues when scaling. We don’t need to care about scaling it as it monitors our system. You just put an agent in the server and New Relic takes care of the scaling to provide you with the data.

Haven’t had to use it as the product is quite easy to use. Also, the documentation is also very clear in how to use the API, etc.

Other Advice

Just do it.