New Relic APM Review

Mean time to recovery has improved, leading to cost savings, though the data collection on it is not a long enough period of time if I want to see trends beyond seven days.

Valuable Features

The thing I use the most is the ability to tell at a glance that we’re in a red state. We have dashboards around our office which let me know what I need to pay attention to. I can dig into the error. It also has high throughput.

Improvements to My Organization

Mean time to recovery has improved, leading to cost savings and reduced customer dissatisfaction.

Room for Improvement

One of my issues was with not getting enough insight into errors, as I can only go back seven days. The data collection on it is not a long enough period of time if I want to see some trends. If someone is having some errors, I can’t get historical insight.

We had a problem where our application crashed because of New Relic. They acknowledged the problem and we just had to turn it off for six months.

It’s been scaling along with our growth.

Great tech support, very responsive. Have helped us solve problems.

I wasn't involved.

Other Advice

It’s just so easy to set up and use with little training. The barrier to entry is extremely low and it adds a high-value.