New Relic APM Review

It gives us a good digest of how the system is behaving and being able to diagnose any issues, though I'd like more granularity in the charts.

Valuable Features

Stack traces are the most valuable feature for us. We have a monolithic stack and just having a single place to get product track traces is incredibly valuable. We use all the charts and graphs, but it all comes down to getting stack traces to see how code is flowing.

Improvements to My Organization

We’re able to address events immediately. We have very good uptime and customer retention. So it’s all about giving them the best customer experience. It gives us a good digest of how the system is behaving and being able to diagnose any issues.

Room for Improvement

I’m into very dense charts, and I think the charts used throughout APM are a little low resolution in terms of time points across the X axis. I'd like more granularity.

Used to be fairly slow, but it’s gotten a lot faster. It's industry-leading, the most responsive full suite of tools that I’ve used.

We’ve been able to brainlessly scale.

We've never had to use it.

Implementation Team

We set it up through Heroku.

Other Advice

Install it. Doesn’t take up any extra resources or any time to install.