New Relic APM Review

It's helped us to find problems early and to make sure that what we're doing is working, although it doesn't give us rich process tracing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are--

• Real-time monitoring
  • The interface
  • The look and feel
  • We can check the environment periodically throughout the day
  • Good forensics tool if there's an issue

How has it helped my organization?

We can monitor response times, volume, and Apdex. Our alerting is based on Apdex. It's a great sanity check. It's helped us to find problems early and to make sure that what we're doing is working.

I'm on a small team and have an interaction with the Ops teams only when a negative happens, but I've used it a couple of times to pass problems from my plate to someone else's as I've proved it's not my problem.

What needs improvement?

It doesn't give us rich process tracing, which is the only complaint I have. It divides our system into four parts, and I would like it to go deeper into the code. However, this can be a challenge because of the way it is configured with us, but they are working on it.

It's fantastic, with no bugs or lag.

It scales, and I can't speak about this, but we are moving everything to AWS and it should be fine.

I've never needed them, and the one issue I had, our Ops guys told me what to do.

I would just advise you to use the tool.

It was already in place when I joined.