New Relic APM Review
It visualizes metrics well and tracks our incoming requests, providing a lot of detail for troubleshooting

What is our primary use case?

• Mostly monitoring
  • Analytics
  • Troubleshooting
  • PagerDuty

How has it helped my organization?

• It visualizes metrics well and tracks our incoming requests, providing a lot of detail which is useful for troubleshooting.
  • It can track cross-application, knowing when you go from one application to another, like a request stop.
  • It's very visually appealing and useful.

What is most valuable?

It is a one stop shop and integrates with PagerDuty seamlessly. The solution is pretty self-contained.

What needs improvement?

We would like to receive more AWS-specific details from the New Relic Dashboard, like EC2 health.

Less than one year.

I haven't seen any problems with it.

Scalability is good. We are using it at an enterprise level and have 20 companies in our corporation.

It has a good presence on the Internet, in terms of support and community. Answers are out there and easy enough to find.

The AWS integration was seamless for us. It was implementing stuff that other people have done so many times before, and the team which headed it up knew what they were doing. From my understanding, there was very minimal configuration. Maybe there was more on the New Relic side, but as far as feeding it, it was pretty easy.

We were also looking at CloudWatch and a homegrown performance-type solution.

We chose New Relic because it is all-inclusive. It has everything right there.

What other advice do I have?

I just starting using it, but the product is pretty impressive.

We are hosting it through AWS.