New Relic Insights Review

We've been able to create and report on custom metrics or events in real-time.

Valuable Features

• Custom instrumentation/events. We use this tool are additional analytics and debugging.
  • With limited code, we can create and report on custom metrics or events in real-time. This allows us to quickly identify success rates of our efforts.

Room for Improvement

Joining datasets. Currently, it’s only possible to pull data from a single event type. It would be nice to do more of a SQL-like join, for example, CheckOut events with ItemsAddedToCartEvent.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for one year, and alongside their APM, which I've been using for two years.

No issues encountered.

Really high. While we’ve never had any major issue, the ticket I’ve opened have received responses within a couple hours with quality answers.

We didn’t use any other solutions prior to this.

It was straightforward. On each of our servers, we installed the agent, added our key to a config, and then within minutes we were seeing metrics on our site.

Implementation Team

In-house. Always start with your development or QA environment. While we had no issues, it’s best to take a dry run, and get a feel for how the app affects performance to see if the data is what you’re looking for.

ROI

I have no hard numbers detailing how much we get back for what we pay. However, as a dev-ops tool, it has been priceless. We are now able to pinpoint issues much quicker and can significantly reduce our downtime.

Other Solutions Considered

We did evaluate one additional tool but the install and integration was significantly more cumbersome.

The core reason we chose New Relic was the ease of us and the quality of the metrics it gave us. Within hours of demo-ing the product, we were already learning more about our application than we expected.

1 visitor found this review helpful