New Relic Insights Review

Although it isn’t as expressive as SQL, we're able to implement a solution that uses New Relic's API to provide data so the project manager can query it using NRQL.

What is most valuable?

It's schema-less and unconstrained to queries. And although NRQL isn’t as expressive as SQL, we're able to implement a solution that uses New Relic's API to provide data so the project manager can query it using NRQL.

They announced that they’re expanding a GUI to make NRQL even less technical.

How has it helped my organization?

Helped us understand that we had a professional group of our users that we didn’t even know about.

It identified mechanized behavior (e.g. bots) and then blocked them.

What needs improvement?

Raw transaction didn’t give us data that we needed. We needed user information so we needed to supply the data with an API.

It’s built to stay up. We starting sending a ton of data to them. They were able to deal with it on their end given their internal architecture. We had a marketing partnership with them.

It’s responsive. When I have had questions, we used the forum. As a big customer, we get a response within a few hours.

Our CTO came back from a conference last year and we were trying to solve a problem using DynamoDB, S3 and Redis (trying to solve the user segmentation question and analyze user behavior). Within a few hours of implementing the API, I was able to query for what we needed. You could do a lot with elastic search, but that needs a team of three people.

No complexity. Just an API call.

They charge by the number of events and for the retention.