New Relic Insights Review

It gives us trending/marketing data. But while our internal solution is better than Insights at analyzing some data, I'd like Insights to take care of that analysis and use its graphic engine.

Valuable Features

We can place ad hoc queries to understand user behavior and customer patterns. The data can be collected for any activity that we want to see on any part of our website.

Improvements to My Organization

Its greatest benefit comes from its ability to provide trending/marketing data. We can replace some requests from our data warehouse and get a quick glimpse into that data, especially with our mobile platform and website for different browsers.

Room for Improvement

The metrics that I want are already pushed to New Relic, but some data we haven’t pushed to New Relic. Internally, we have a solution that’s better than Insights to provide us analysis of that data. I’d like to see Insights take care of that analysis and use its graphic engine.

Not enough working experience to comment on this, but in my experience, no instability.

I haven't had to use it.

I wasn't involved in the setup.

Other Advice

The things that I would need are proprietary, and I don’t think that data can be pushed out to Insights. Take a look at internal processes to see what can be done quicker by Insight and make a good test case of it. You must present it as a better alternative to the existing issues. Get early adopters excited about it and build a relationship based on that.