Newgen OmniFlow Review

Flexible in terms of how the UI assists users working in a variety of roles

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for customer onboarding, finance, assets, and banking. The users for this solution have a variety of roles from finance to HR.

How has it helped my organization?

The top management has a better basic look at the dependencies and the reports because everything is online now. The customer also gets good feedback on the status of the applications that they put in.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the flexibility in using it.

We have the iBPS, which is a more fluidic UI and a plug and play kind of a thing. You can move your entire UI based on what you want it to be, or how you want to look for individual users.

It also has integration with social media or they have social media adapters. If you have requests coming in from Twitter then based on the request, you can have the entire flow dependent on that. This is the kind of social media integration that is available.

What needs improvement?

The development teams should be more agile and they need to have more team members. Social skills are lacking within teams.

They have an Accounts Payable process which is upcoming. I wouldn't say it is too good, but a good feature to have.

Eight years.

This solution is pretty stable, but you need to be constantly checking on the infrastructure and the stats. The monitoring has to be there.

This is a tier one application. After core banking, this is the second most used or most critical product in the entire organization.

Scalability-wise it is pretty good, but again, you have to monitor it constantly. We have approximately five thousand main users and two thousand concurrent connections. In some cases, the number of concurrent users goes above five thousand.

The technical support is pretty impressive. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

This was the first solution that was implemented here from a BPM perspective. Before that, it was a mix of SharePoint, email, etc.

Our initial setup was complex because we are guaranteed to have approximately two thousand concurrent users.

We began first with a couple of servers, then after a couple of years, as we saw that the usage was going up, we grew both horizontally and vertically.

We have a pretty big team here, with fifteen huge processes. I would say that from a development perspective, building one complex process will take a couple of developers, and an additional person is required to exclusively handle the support.

There are many factors to it. In our organization, we need 24/7 support because we have trade finances that work in the middle of the night. We require additional support to accommodate people working in shifts.

If change requests come in then one developer may be able to handle three processes. In the case of a new requirement, there is normally one developer who works with the team leader that is monitoring the entire setup.

We used a consultant to assist with the deployment, and the experience was pretty good.

I do not have relevant data points, but an example of ROI is the length of time used for customer onboarding. The time was reduced from seven days to two or three days, maximum. Another example is a gold loan, which used to take a day or two, but it is now done in a couple of hours.

The licensing fees are based on parameters such as the number of concurrent users. For example, a system that can support one hundred or less concurrent users is one licensing type. If it is more than one thousand then it is an enterprise solution with enterprise licensing, which is fixed. They don't charge based on the concurrency; rather, it depends on the number of servers, but that is negotiable.

We are currently on an annual maintenance contract.

Overall, this solution is very cost effective when compared to other solutions in the market.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very cost effective and very flexible. The disadvantage is that they are lax in their approach, so you have to be assertive when you are dealing with them.