Newgen OmniFlow Review

I have been implementing this solution for seven months.

What is our primary use case?

We currently have a project for which we are implementing this solution.

We are implementing this solution in a corporate banking environment, and we want to disperse our workflows. This includes the loan origination workflow, as well as the customer service workflow.

We have completed the requirements stages, and now we are on to prototyping.

Our deployment model is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The workflows are the most valuable feature of this solution.

What needs improvement?

From what I have seen so far, this system is too hardcoded and inflexible. They recommend customization, but it seems to be a very closed system that takes a long time and is very complicated to customize. It seems very rigid and controlled. This is not the type of system that I want to work with.

At the system level, I would like to see things be much more flexible, especially for different document templates and introducing changes. These things should not have to go to IT. Rather, they should be parameterized.

The second stage, beyond workflow, will be adding models such as for risk evaluation and corporate risk analytics. At this point, I'm not too sure how easy it's going to be to build these. We're trying to integrate with some of the data collection agencies and we are finding some challenges there. Given that we are finding challenges with simple integrations for data collection, I'm not sure if it will be possible to develop our online decision system for credit.

Good for static workflows, and the customer support team is proactive and accommodating

I have not used another Business Process Management tool

All of the development is currently happening at Newgen. They are a good team that is proactive, and they are trying to accommodate all of our requirements. I have no quarrels there.

What other advice do I have?

If this product is being used for pure workflow, without too much customization, then I think it is a good solution.