NGINX Web Application Firewall Review

We use it together with AWS, to manage load balancing, topic migration and AV testing.

What is our primary use case?

We generally use NGINX with a combination of docker downstream so we have a container running which exposes multiple boards. And in terms on which we are running NGINX directory maps into the ports. So there is a major use case and sometimes we use it for security headers forwarding.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

We use NGINX for security headers, and as a proxy. It is also a very good tool for load balancing.

What needs improvement?

The contributions I think sometimes take a toll on you like you're going to spend a lot of time on the right contributions. So as a product it is good, but from the development standpoint but if you think about somebody who's not from development background, this won't work. It's not up to speed if you really realize. So the set up process, it's good from a development standpoint. The development was easy to set up because they know that their understanding of the machine that they are going to set it up and take care of everything else.

I have never used techical support.

Yes, it was pretty easy as far as I remember. So this company, everything was previously set up and we had all the predefined user scripts so even though we had come to set it up from scratch.