NGINX Web Application Firewall Review

Easy to analyze security abnormalities, stable, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our entire set of web applications. This includes protecting against vulnerabilities as a result of programming errors.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that there is a link in the system that will help to analyze the security of an application when something abnormal is found.

What needs improvement?

This firewall should support more of the network layers.

Profiling capability should be improved.

Setting policies and parameters through the UI should be more automated because the process is manual, where we can only edit one rule at a time.

I have been using the NGINX Web Application Firewall for more than a year and a half.

In terms of stability, this solution is much better than Imperva.

In terms of scalability, depending on the application, there is a limit to how many policies I can design.

The technical support for this solution has improved. Imperva used to be better, but now, NGINX is more responsive.

I have also used Imperva. The stability and interface are better in the NGINX WAF. For example, it is easier to create new policies. Technical support from NGINX is also more responsive than that of Imperva.

The initial setup was complex in terms of deployment and fine-tuning.

We have more than ten applications so it took us between four and five months to deploy.

We had to contract a third-party consultant to assist us with the deployment. We are satisfied with their work

What other advice do I have?

Based on my experience, this solution is better than the other choices on the market.

More NGINX Web Application Firewall reviews from users