NICE inContact CXone Review

Enables us to have full visualization on all metrics and to manage and staff our center as necessary

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for ACD/IVR - we have five brands that we manage customer support for and the ACD allows us to separate out contacts for all of the different brands to provide a better customer experience for that brand but also allows us to have all of the reporting and metrics in one place. QM - prior to implementing this system, we had no way of doing quality management since we had no call recordings and no good way to generate/track QM.  WFM has also helped immensely. Previously, our team was taking scheduled breaks all at the same time with the rest of the organization, however, thanks to WFM, we have been able to change that and show the team the importance of staggering breaks and sticking to the schedule.

How has it helped my organization?

NICE CXone has had a HUGE impact on our contact center. It took us from a place where we had no visualize on contact volumes, handle times, ASA, etc. to a place where we have full visualization on all metrics and can manage and staff our center as necessary. It also enabled us to put in place efficiencies that led to more cost-effective staffing. We previously had no automated call routing, no accountability for agents on their KPIs or metrics. Now we have full view of all metrics, even the agents enjoy being able to know their metrics and track their progress.

What is most valuable?

I have found the ease of use of the ACD to be most valuable along with the inView dashboard. It is so easy to manage your own call routing without needing to be a developer, and great service resources on hand when you can't figure it out on your own. inView has been such a great tool and is used all day every day to track live data of everything happening in our call center. We have boards for the agents to view, supervisors, managers and even the executive team. Each group loves having the ability to check at a glance to see what they need to see to gauge where the day is at.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see inView be a built-in feature of CXone rather than a separate platform, but everything else is terrific. The ACD/QM reporting and the dashboards inside of CXOne are a little clunky and hard to navigate compared to the inView reports and dashboards. The inView dashboards have so many options and drilling methods, it would be great to combine that directly with CXone to be able to drill into actual contacts, which is the strength that the CXOne dashboards do have going for them.

1.5 years

The system is very stable. We rarely have any glitches, but the service team communicates any services ASAP and then sends out notifications every 15 minutes with updates until the issue is resolved, but that is rarely needed and we are rarely impacted by the disruptions.

This system is highly scalable. We have a small team, but I am very confident in the ability of the system to scale, no questions asked.

I love the customer service/technical support that I receive! They are always available, quick to respond and quick to resolve any questions or concerns that I have.

We previously used a very basic version of Mitel. It was not their CCaaS, just basically a phone hunt group. Calls would round-robin until somebody picked it up, sometimes leading to a 20 minute wait time before somebody answered. Emails were not tracked at all and were in a system that didn't tie into the phones and there was no chat support. By switching, we were able to tie all of these together and build in major efficiencies and an overall much better customer experience.

It was very straightforward, we worked with a third party implementation group and they were fabulous and so easy to work with. They did great at dumbing down the developer and coding lingo to terms that we could understand and navigate through the setup.

We used a vendor team, Customer Dynamics, and they were terrific! Great communication, easy to work with, and always on top of the workload. High level of expertise.

Our ROI for our small team has been over $200,000 in the first full year of using the system.

Make a list of what you are looking for in a system. Pick 3 or 4 features that are an absolute must-have. Then build a comparison chart to fill out while you are having demos of the different products that you evaluating. Rate each line for each platform that you are seeing and at the end, consider the total score of the platform along with the recurring costs of the platform and setup costs to help determine what meets your needs and your budget.

Yes, we evaluated Mitel, Genesys, Aspect, Zentalk.

What other advice do I have?

We have absolutely loved this platform. The implementation team was awesome and the ongoing service and support is phenomenal. I can look in the knowledge base for answers to my questions, jump on a quick chat or reach out to the technical account managers, but I always get quick responses to any question that I have. They also communicate all updates or service disruptions in a quick and informative manner, I never feel like I am in the dark about what is going on with the system.

More NICE inContact CXone reviews from users