NICE Merced Review
The product is incredibly powerful although it can be a little temperamental when communicating between our corporate network and the hosted solution.

Valuable Features

The ability to allow every user from an agent all the way up through the hierarchy to self-correct issues and improve skills without having to wait for a performance review etc.

Improvements to My Organization

It has removed the onus from the manager to inform the person of their performance. Also, there is a huge improvement on the amount of manual activity that can now be integrated into the tool as part of the workflow.

Room for Improvement

The problem with a tool that is incredibly powerful and flexible is that it can also be complicated. A lot of effort is required to make sure the user experience is easy and intuitive. The development of new data sources etc. is also laborious.

Use of Solution

I used it for over five years. I no longer work at the company, however I was responsible for Nice Performance Management. We started on Version 3.8 and progressed to the latest version with two instances. One for Retail stores and another for our call centres.

No, as the project team who guided us through deployment were extremely efficient and attentive.

Yes, there was some browser compatibility issues, load balance issues and general bugs which needed to be resolved post deployment for fringe cases.

No issues encountered.

9/10.

Technical support differs depending on the region the support is being provided from. Overall its 8/10, however the US team are 9/10 and the UK team are 7/10.

Yes, we used to use Business Objects however we really wanted to provide a powerful but easy to use solution to agents and this one fit the bill perfectly.

Due to the deployment team and the work that went into analysing the business it was very straightforward to set the system up.

Implementation Team

We used a partnership of NICE and an in-house team and it worked really well.

ROI

All I know is that it's achieved.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we looked at Business Objects and variations of it, QlikView and the Microsoft BI Stack

Other Advice

Take your time and get the basics right first. The whole solution will work and deliver results so much better if you get it set up correctly first time. You can correct initial set up but if you've put a lot of data into it, it will mean a lot of rework.