Nimble Storage Review

We use it for the ​ability to replicate data offsite for DR protection in an easy and automated fashion​.

What is most valuable?

Snapshotting and replication.

These features provide a good resilience for business continuity and disaster recovery, by enabling us to effectively store data away from our primary site and giving us the ability to restore data relatively quickly.

How has it helped my organization?

Ability to replicate data offsite for DR protection in an easy and automated fashion.

What needs improvement?

Easier retrieval of snapshotted data and more granular control is desired.

This is in comparison to something like Veeam or MS shadow copy, where restoration of files is easier in their respective proprietary GUIs.

Snapshotting with Nimble can be very granular, but the restoration from a snapshot is not as easy as restoring with other systems.

3 years.

No issues.

No issues.

9/10

Yes, switched for scalability and cost effectiveness of data storage/protection.

Get what you pay for, in-line pricing with other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

Evaluate with Nimble, they are very helpful and able to answer queries about data storage requirements. No hard sell.