Nimble Storage Review
Easy to configure and view information of the system's health.

What is most valuable?

Easy to configure and view information of the system's health.

We do not need a dedicated staff member to handle the system we deploy. A regular infrastructure person that attends the Nimble training course will be able to handle the system.

How has it helped my organization?

Less manpower overhead to manage the storage.

What needs improvement?

Scalability, see below.

The company has been using Nimble Storage for three years.

We haven't had any issues.

We're not able to increase space on a small scale, each increase is pretty big.

Good and responsive.

Simple, it can be setup and ready to use within the same business day of delivery.

Pricing is decent.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on your infrastructure specialist, the very technically advanced specialists will prefer something that is not so user friendly. They would prefer more configuration options where only people with the technical know-how will be able to look after the system. Nimble is very easy to work with. Simple technical skilled personnel will be able to handle the system.

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of Nimble Storage typically within 24 hours.

1 Comment

Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

Nice review. We are a Nimble shop as well with 8 arrays. The management aspect of these is really great and almost a set it and forget it scenario. They are great with Support calls and InfoSight is the most valuable tool there is out there with improvements all the time. For the space increase are you referring to upgrading the drives or cache?  Or is it a volume level increase for a VM? Be sure if using VMware to have the NCM installed on all hosts to manage the connections as it works great.

15 December 16