HPE Nimble Storage Review

InfoSight provides information about the array and the data that resides on it.

What is most valuable?

• Nimble InfoSight: Provides deep information about not only the Nimble array, but also some insight into the data that resides on it.
  • Seamless OS upgrade

How has it helped my organization?

This provides for better decision making and forecasting of the evolution of customer data management infrastructures.

Additionally, the stability of the Nimble OS provides peace of mind even during OS upgrades, which are seamless and non-disruptive.

As a reseller, this product is an easy sell for customers who are price conscious.

What needs improvement?

This product could improve by adding support for file protocols such as CIFS or NFS, the ability to seamlessly migrate from one volume to another, and the capability to perform in-line deduplication.

Volume encryption must be done prior to occupying data on the volume. A data migration is required if the encryption requirement changes. This could be improved by being able to turn on encryption on previously created volumes without the need for data migration.

Our first customer that we implemented this solution for was 5 months ago.

We have not encountered any stability issues thus far.

There have been no scalability issues. We added an ES1 expansion shelf with no issues.

Technical support is very eager to close tickets. They should verify that the issue has been resolved before closing.

We are a provider of solutions. We will place technologies where they fit.

Initial setup was fairly straightforward. Some understanding of Nimble’s network architecture is required.

This is a great solution if pricing and licensing is a concern.

We evaluated NetApp FAS, EMC Unity, and Pure Storage.

What other advice do I have?

Consider other options if file protocols are required. Enable encryption at the time of setup if required, prior to creating volumes.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a solutions reseller with vendor relationships with Nimble, NetApp, Dell EMC, Pure Storage, and Tintri.
More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users