Pgzybd0n 400x400

Nimble Storage Review
It has improved the responsiveness of our servers and adds snapshots to help with our DR.

Valuable Features:

Its speed, ease of use, and it has been completely reliable.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has vastly improved the responsiveness of our servers. It adds snapshots to help with our DR. The snapshots are sent across the way into our DR site, so we have DR copies of everything. It’s all around just improved the flow of everything.

Room for Improvement:

They keep talking about doing one-to-many replication. This is what we'd like to see, just to help with data replication.

Stability Issues:

I think it’s very stable. We've never, ever, had it go offline and we've been using it for three years now.

Scalability Issues:

We've scaled up and have had no issues with that. It’s easy, and it doesn't even take it offline when you do it. It’s pretty awesome.

I have used technical support a couple times and they are very good. They keep going until they find a solution, if you're having a problem.

Previous Solutions:

We were using a different storage solution and we weren't getting the speed that we needed out of it for some of our applications. We couldn't run an SQL server on our old one. It was just too slow. We looked into 3PAR , because at the time, Nimble was not yet bought out. We looked into 3PAR , we looked into some of the bigger ones and decided that Nimble gave just as good performance for a much lower cost point.

Initial Setup:

I was involved in the initial setup, and it was probably a little complex if you never set up any kind of storage system like that. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

Implementation Team:

We had the guy come in just because we had never done it before and their sales engineer really made it go a lot easier.

Other Advice:

I'd definitely tell them to go with Nimble. I would suggest that they have the Nimble engineer come on site. They don't charge you for that part. This is just so you can get all the thing set up correctly the first time so you are ready to go when you put it into production.

When looking for a vendor, I look for reliability, the features that we need, and the cost.

1 Comment

Chris2
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

Great review. I hope the one to many comes soon also as it would help us. I believe that Version 4 of the OS is when it is targeted for but not sure. Will be interesting to see where they go now being HPE.

Like (0)16 June 17
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Nimble Storage?

Our experts can help. 233,815 professionals have used our research on 5,900 solutions.