HPE Nimble Storage Review

Monitoring and reliability means less time worrying about SANs

How has it helped my organization?

It's given us more time to do the important things, less time worrying about SANs and failures and picking up the pieces. It just works.

What is most valuable?

• Reliability
  • Monitoring
  • Support is brilliant

What needs improvement?

This is a tricky one, really. It does everything we would want from a SAN. It doesn't make the drinks, but all we're looking for is performance and reliability, and it does that.

Three to five years.

There hasn't been any downtime that wasn't self-inflicted. We ran out of at space once. We didn't ignore the warnings, but we didn't do anything about the warnings. But it's been perfectly reliable on its own.

We started with a single unit, four years ago we bought another unit; then a more powerful unit about 18 months later, because we had a merger; we bought another system about 18 months ago and then a disk shelf about two months ago. So yes, scalability has been fine.

They know the product inside out, but they are also really good at the ancillary bits, like VMware. You can ring them up with something that's potentially not even a Nimble problem, and you'll get somebody that is really, really good. Best support that we have on anything, really.

In the past we've always gone for secondary and tertiary units, so it's kind of been starting from scratch. This time, the disk shelf, we haven't done it yet, but it's supposed to be as simple as plugging it in and clicking on go. Hopefully, it will be.

More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users