NNT Log Tracker Enterprise Review

Good file integrity monitoring and change tracking tools but the knowledge base needs to be available online

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution primarily for real-time log analytics.

We also use the NNT Log Tracker and Change Tracker for the FIM functionality.

What is most valuable?

The FIM features in the Change Tracker and the Log Tracker are the most valuable. With that, we analyze the log and differentiate between the planned and unplanned changes, rather than just generating the log of the changes. We use the actual outcome.

What needs improvement?

For the NNT Log Tracker and Change Tracker, they have to make their knowledge base available online because there is very little information available on the internet.

I would like to see the integration of AI technology, so rather than manually monitoring the logs, the tool will understand it and take care of it.

We have been using ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer for more than three years. We have now moved on from ManageEngine to the NNT Log Tracker solution.

This is a stable product. We have not seen any bugs, glitches, or crashes.

When we were using ManageEngine we were limited because it is dependent on the AWS cloud. With the NNT product, there is no dependence on the AWS cloud so we can extend it as much as possible. Ultimately, the scalability depends on the performance of the platform.

There are 17 people in the team who use this solution and they are primarily security analysts.

We are still using NNT after switching from ManageEngine and we have not implemented other solutions beyond the evaluation stage.

The initial setup was good and very simple to do. We installed it on the Windows Server and as soon as it was set up, it started fetching data.

We implemented this solution over two or three years. Initially, we were not familiar with it so we had assistance from the OEM Professional Services. During the second round, my onsite team managed the implementation with some guidance from technical support.

We evaluated solutions by SolarWinds in addition to ManageEngine and NNT.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the second most recent version of this solution.

I would recommend using NNT over ManageEngine. The Change Tracker tool is very good. It will reduce your overall workload. The FIM tool allows you to understand the activities and the NNT tool takes care of automatically giving you the actual and planned changes.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More NNT Log Tracker Enterprise reviews from users
...who compared it with SolarWinds Security Event Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about NNT, Splunk, IBM and others in Log Management. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.