No Magic MagicDraw Review

A stable solution for drawing workflows that is easy to install

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for complex integration. We are integrators for complex solutions.

What is most valuable?

The architecture is not only drawing. The most valuable features are the workflow, the workflow drawing, block diagrams, and team sharing, where everyone can work together.

What needs improvement?

The pricing concept and methodology need to be improved and reduced without compromising the quality. The price is so high that there is no market penetration.

I have a technical issue in not knowing how to share the information with a client. If we create the drawing, how can we distribute it or show it to the client? The largest issue that we are facing is in regards to exporting everything and putting it into the Jira Confluence portal, where the client can discuss and comment for everyone to see and discuss the results.

MagicDraw is a complex program, but we are making it work with the experience in using this tool. The client is not at the same level and not always able to make it work. A client might be a level three where we are at a level eight or nine. We may have to share with a client, maybe 10 or 20 because we have a couple of users who are architects, testing people, or developers.

Everyone needs to see the final result. This is the input or the entrance point of the development. Everyone has to approve, but how can we show them? No feature can accomplish that.

The portfolio is missing when adding a user.

In the next release, I would like to see the confirmation UI, where the client can confirm the final result with just a command.

Also, we would like a confirmation user license where the user is not allowed to design, just confirms the results.

I have been familiar with this solution for approximately ten years.

The stability is good and we have not had any issues.

This solution is scalable, but we only have five to seven people who are using it themselves as design software.

The initial setup was not difficult. It was straightforward and done using a licensing key.

This solution is expensive.

We procure licenses directly from MagicDraw and sell them to the clients.

What other advice do I have?

We are the largest MagicDraw user in Hungary.

It's good software, but there is little to no market penetration. People don't know about it or use it. Where is the revenue of the software? There has to be more awareness as Enterprise Architects.

The design itself is nothing. Design with consulting is something, but design with confirmation and consulting is the real product. This is the message; without confirmation, there is no product.

My advice is to import the design into Confluence, put in the effort through discussion, review it, redesign it again, and then it should work.

The business is important for MagicDraw, but the vendors are as well.

Because I can design, but I cannot sell it, I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

More No Magic MagicDraw reviews from users