What is most valuable?
The valuable features are:
- Ability to keep the map of different environments in a single tool.
- Ability to design and manage DevOps activity from a graphical point of view.
- Ability to manage large installations with more than 5,000 servers due to its 100% scalable architecture.
How has it helped my organization?
This has helped our organization with several kinds of projects:
- Projects with more than 5,000 servers and daily deployments.
- Projects in which we have to manage the deployment in a cloud environment based on the monitoring. As the number of users grows, we must deploy a cloud environment and deploy the applications. If the number of users decreases, we have to uninstall the applications and release the cloud infrastructure.
- Deployment of applications in a continuous integration environment, including deployment, QA, pre-production, and production environments.
What needs improvement?
I would like to see integration with other technologies, such as Docker.
For how long have I used the solution?
We have used this solution for over five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
There have been stability issues, but they will be solved with the collaboration of CA teams.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
There have been no scalability issues. It is very important to do a correct design of the architecture ahead of time.
How are customer service and technical support?
The technical support is good.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I used open source solutions like Puppet and Chef. These solutions require a high level of expertise and are difficult to maintain in large installations. For this kind of project, it is better to use commercial tools, such as CA products.
How was the initial setup?
The installation was simple. But if you want to use the tool in large installations, there are some tricks you must know.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
It is an expensive tool and the licensing model is difficult to sell.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We looked into open-source tools, XebiaLabs, and IBM.
What other advice do I have?
Begin with a little project and grow it progressively. If you need a number of projects, get help from professional services.