Norton Security Premium Review

A necessary security step for uncertain files that come from partners or customers

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to do periodic antivirus checks on our machines since we deal with a lot of different applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Right now we are really focusing on security. Not only phishing but with files, so it has really heightened our awareness in terms of what kinds of files we accept, and making sure that they're all clean when we pass them to each other.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to do ad-hoc checks on our software. Every time we load a new software product, we do a virus check using this product.

I also like the fact that it checks files. If we get a ZIP file or some other file type that is unknown, it helps us with doing the virus scan.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful for me if this solution works on our cloud backup data.

This solution is very stable.

We give this product to new employees. It's very scalable.

I have not used the technical support for this product.

The initial setup for this solution was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Norton definitely has a name out there. It's always been a main product that is robust and strong in this area. With the heightened security around phishing, identity theft, and malware, this is a good product. I would certainly shop around, and make sure that you're getting the best product, but, for us, it's been very solid.

For me, this solution does everything that I need it to do. It scans my email or suspicious files before I download them. We receive a lot of different files because there are a lot of file transfers between our partners and customers. We don't know if they've scanned them, so we have to make sure, and it's very good at that. It does the job.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.