NSFOCUS Web Application Firewall Review

Offers Application Protection Against Web Attacks

What is our primary use case?

The solution is set up for application protection. We also use some application software in our data center to protect against malware, SQL injection, and other complex data breaches and security risks.

What is most valuable?

Since we are using this tool for protection purposes we really appreciate the hybrid security abilities; we get powerful protection for our application needs.

What needs improvement?

There is a need for expanded licensing terms and options. There's also a need for improved and more agile customization features. The user needs to be able to manage each policy as required; the functionality needs to empower the user. There should be a complete suite of desktop provider policies available to users. Overall, it needs to be more user-friendly.

Less than one year.

This new version has performed very well; the stability is satisfactory.

Before we switched to NSFOCUS Web Application Security we used a product called Array Networks as our platform for security. We decided to replace this platform because we were experiencing some latency issues. We also experienced some reoccurring hardware issues. The vendor team was also running into difficulty detecting and resolving data issues. Our application was going offline.

Initial setup was pretty easy. Our company is really small. We only work with two applications. We actually just pulled up a third. It was a very simple and straightforward setup. Deployment took around an hour.

This is the first time we implemented through this particular vendor team. Their level of expertise was average I guess.

Our implementation strategy was to complete optimization of all features. This strategy helped enable both security and performance.

What other advice do I have?

Any maintenance needed for upkeep is channeled through our data center. We have three to four engineers, who have access to the center, handling maintenance at any given time. I found it to be a useful application. It's fulfilling our requirements. The deployment is also very easy and security features have been upgraded and improved in this latest version, older devices.

I rate this product a 7 out of 10.