Nutanix Acropolis AOS Review

Good interface with easy onboarding and simple to customize

What is our primary use case?

In most of the cases, the clients use the solution as a file server or database with data and another solution. Mostly, there is hyperconversion with Acropolis and its hypervisor.

What is most valuable?

My experience with the Nutanix Acropolis is good from both a reseller and end-user experience.

The automation is excellent.

The product offers a quality hypervisor.

The solution offers very good customization.

The administration with the prem solution is very good.

Overall, it's quite a comprehensive solution.

The user experience is very good.

The product has a very nice user interface.

It's easy to use and has a very smooth onboarding process.

We find the performance to be excellent on this solution.

What needs improvement?

The cost of the solution is too expensive. There are other options, such as VMware, that are offered for less money. In Latin America, it seems to be overpriced for the market.

We've been using the solution for one year at this point. It hasn't been too long.

We've found the stability to be excellent. There aren't any issues around its reliability. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's not buggy at all.

Nutanix scales better than VMware, however, the pricing is an issue. As you scale, it costs more.

Typically, the customers that use Nutanix are larger organizations as the cost is quite high and an SME would not necessarily be able to afford it.

The technical support is very good. We're quite satisfied with the level of service we receive.

We also find that the documentation is very good and quite easy to understand, which helps with the usability of the product.

We also deal with VMware. There's some competition between the two as VMware is less expensive.

The initial setup is not complex at all. it's very easy and straightforward. The onboarding process is also nice and simple. We've had a good experience.

Between VMware and Nutanix, the price of VMware is lower. In comparison, Nutanix is pricey.

What other advice do I have?

I work for a distributor of Nutanix that also handles VMware. However, I market the Nutanix solutions primarily. We're resellers and we're a partner of Nutanix. We use both on-premises and cloud deployment versions. We tend to use Google and Amazon clouds when we use cloud deployments.

The platform is very easy to use and the administration functionality is good. Even in relation to VMware, which is cheaper, I like Nutanix best. It's easy to learn and the processes of configuration and onboarding are fantastic.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Nutanix Acropolis AOS reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware EVO:RAIL [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Nutanix Acropolis AOS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.