Nutanix Acropolis AOS Review

Fair pricing, well-equipped customer support, scalable and plenty of tools

What is our primary use case?

We have a lot of homegrown applications using the solutions within the generation and distribution within the company. These internal teams that develop that software, they are primarily on a different architecture. The ones we use are Java and Oracle with Weblogic as the application server and the other one used is Lan Stack. We have been using this configuration for more than 60 years.

What is most valuable?

The solution has single-window management, the ability to create VMs and monitor their usage on the fly, and the ability to add more resources if required. There are a lot of tools the solution comes with and the performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The ability to create clusters faster would be nice to see in a future release.

I have been using the solution for more than one year.

In terms of scalability, adding a number of nodes, I find that it will not be any issues. Upgrades are very easy, I can run compatibly check and then download the upgrades that are available. It is just a mouse click.

I have been quite happy with the support from Nutanix during the past year. They have well-equipped support staff always on the phone when I am in contact. They know my architecture, subjects that are important for me, and the staff is quite conversant with the tool that they use.

The implementation was straightforward and we are currently only using a fixed node cluster.

The pricing is fair for the package.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of the solution overall, there are positive responses from my side.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS a nine out of ten.

More Nutanix Acropolis AOS reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSAN
Learn what your peers think about Nutanix Acropolis AOS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarSteffen Hornung
Top 5LeaderboardReal User

These Must be the most oldschool applications out there of you have them since the roaring sixties!

But I think there is a typo, right?

Agree on support but your review is quite generic. Would comply with other solutions out there(vmware   with ops).

Dont feel the nine you are giving. Do you use other products too? Like Files, Karbon?

Please elaborate a bit more.