What is most valuable?
- Compression, deduplication, and erasure coding
- Central management using prism
- Capacity management and planning using prism central
- One click upgrade to the Nutanix OS as well as for hypervisor
- Easily scalable with no downtime
- Provides WAN optimization for replication to remote sites
How has it helped my organization?
- Centralized monitoring of infrastructure
- Easy and quick deployment of VMs
- Single SME for all domains like storage, OS, and hypervisor
- Compression deduplication and erasure coding have improved storage usage by almost three times
- Protection domain allows you to compress data and transfer over WAN and helps you to move a VM to DR with a single click
- Centralized management helps you monitor storage and compute resources at the cluster and VM level in a single plane
What needs improvement?
I would like to see improvements in monitoring parameters, RTO, and access control. Currently, memory utilization does not show as per the actual. This is in pipeline for the next release. The current RPO for DC-DR is high due to the limitation of the replication strategy which will be fixed by next quarter.
For how long have I used the solution?
We have used this solution for three months.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I did not encounter any issues with stability.
How is customer service and technical support?
As of now, we haven’t required support, but it is good.
How was the initial setup?
The installation is simple. You can more or less plug and play.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Depends upon what OEM you factor for hardware and the relationship between them. The software license seems to be pretty simple.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We evaluated Cisco HyperFlex and SimpliVity.
What other advice do I have?
You can have optimal results from ROI and the infrastructure deployment perspective if the solution is designed properly. I would suggest that you spell out your requirements clearly before Nutanix starts building the solution.