Nutanix AHV Review

Can go to unlimited nodes, is customizable, and open-source

What is most valuable?

The features that I've found most valuable are that it is customized like Linux KVM and it is open-source for people who know Linux. It's easier for them to use AHV than MWeb. Plus, AHV is free. For Linux people it's easy and also it's free.

What needs improvement?

As for any improvements, the only thing the customer has been asking for is that it should be like VMware where they have the Vsphere Client, whereas in AHV there is only Command-line. It's like AHV Client Web. AHV is easy for people who are administrators of Linux Unix but it's not easy for normal users who like to connect using a web interface because there is no web interface for AHV. It would be great if they could provide an actual web interface. The dashboard works only in Prism.

I have been using Nutanix AHV since 2015.

It is a stable solution.

Nutanix AHV is very scalable. It can go to unlimited nodes.

In terms of initial setup, Nutanix is a one-click install and it installs all AHV and all Nutanix software, everything. There is an Excel sheet where you put the IP addresses, then you go to the GUI of the Nutanix installer, it's one click and everything is up.

What other advice do I have?

We have many customers using AHV.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate it a nine because it needs a web interface.

More Nutanix AHV reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSphere