Nutanix AHV Review

Simple to use, supports many different operating systems, and has good management features

What is our primary use case?

We are distributors and to meet with our clients' requirements, it supports many OS systems. It monitors and protects the entire system.

What is most valuable?

Simplicity is the most valuable feature. With the management capabilities and monitoring tools, clients can do everything they need to do in their day to day operations.

What needs improvement?

There are some activities that need to be done by the GUI, but can't. The users should not be aware of this, only the engineers who are involved with the move of the system, sharing or reconfiguration.

When we need to share, publish, or encrypt something, we still need to perform it using the command line. We need to exit from the COI for the GUI to fix some of the features.

If we compare with VMware NSX the implementation is not quite as interesting.

I have been using this solution for almost three years.

We use several versions of this solution 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, and 5.10.

This solution is very stable.

Scaling is basic, as you just have to purchase new hardware. It connects to the network and discovers the ITVC. It's very easy.

Technical support is a critical part. They have provided a lot of work for us. When we open a case we save the facility, usually the FAMS meter on the V1 perspective.

Previously, we were working with another solid solution, but I am no longer working with them.

The main difference was the complexity. The tiers are very complicated. Nutanix AHV is easier.

The initial setup is very easy.

It only takes two hours to deploy.

Some of the features required additional licenses.

What other advice do I have?

More Nutanix AHV reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSphere