Nutanix Era Review

Easy to use and stable with a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to switch different phases of development, for example, to testing, prediction, etc., which are all quite easy to execute. It's an easy way to switch to one type of development and to use testing and prediction on cloning VM.

What is most valuable?

Overall, the solution is very good. It's easy to use and simple to handle many actions, such as VM cloning, testing, and prediction.

What needs improvement?

The management of the solution needs to be improved.

The solution needs better backup support, especially with Amazon Media.

The solution needs to improve compatibility with other back-ups and products.

We've been using the solution since the TA version. It's been about a year and a half.

The solution is very stable. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches. I don't have anything bad to say about it. It's a very stable product.

I would say that the solution can be scalable. If you run it, for example, on Nutanix, it's quite scalable. However, if you use it with another infrastructure solution, it may not be scalable anymore.

Our company's clients are medium to large enterprises. The solution wouldn't be suitable for small companies.

While there aren't too many users on the solution itself (usually there are only two or maybe three), it's indirectly a useful product for many users. It accelerates the time to market of the application, for example. It's useful for many users but it's only used by a few people in the organization.

I've never used the technical support offered by the product so I can't speak to any experience I've had. I don't think it's bad, but, like other products, because I don't use it myself, I can't rate it.

The solution is really easy to set up. Users get good results with the tool they use to deploy the solution and to run it. It's really helpful.

It takes about 30 minutes for an organization to deploy.

I don't recall the cost of the product or the term life of the contracts. I'm not involved with handling the pricing of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're reseller partners, and we sell various solutions to our customers.

We only set up the solution for our customers; it's our customers that choose the deployment model they want to work with.

If others are considering implementing the solution, I'd advise that the first check the availability and compatibility of the product against their existing systems and infrastructure.

I'd rate the solution quite high, at about nine out of ten.