Nutanix Prism Pro Review

Offers an extremely intuitive interface, but at the same time it manages to offer a level of control over all the underlying infrastructure that no other product provides

What is our primary use case?

I currently use Prism in my work. All of our work is done within this environment as we also use AHV as the primary hypervisor. It was a resounding change since we migrated from vSphere and vCenter as a truly incredible level of simplification is achieved. One of the great advantages of Prism is its vision at a glance of our entire environment, be it a cluster of three or four nodes or hundreds of them. Finding what you are looking for or visualizing a problem is just a matter of a few clicks, so simple.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the great advantages is that it offers an extremely intuitive interface, but at the same time it manages to offer a level of control over all the underlying infrastructure that no other product provides. Options like One-CLick Update make the tool worthwhile on its own, as well as detailed performance metrics for each component in real-time. Its use is fantastic and managed to improve the response times of our IT department, optimize their tasks, achieve more free time to carry out other tasks, and really focus on what is important in the business. Other solutions spend a lot of time setting up an environment that, like Prism, should include everything you need to operate efficiently.

What is most valuable?

As I mentioned earlier, One-CLick Update, the dynamic monitoring of the entire environment, its simplified search, and all the reporting functions it offers to allow for really complete and neat infrastructure management. All of the additional features included allow for a very advanced level of general understanding. Virtually nothing can escape us working with the tool since every small detail (for example, an IOPS level outside of normal) can be analyzed in detail, generate an automatic report and send it to our team to immediately deal with it.

What needs improvement?

Perhaps the only point I see as an improvement would be the support of multiple languages ​​in the environment. One of the few things within which I see an improvement point could be the inclusion of multilanguage in the environment. Although it is extremely intuitive and everything is seen in a totally clear way, for some people who do not use English as the main language, it would be interesting to achieve a translation. I am not saying that it is in hundreds of languages ​​or alphabets, but if for example Spanish could be used. This would bring advantages to the Spanish-speaking world that is not used to English.

I have been using Nutanix Prism Pro for two years.

The stability in all Nutanix software is really perfect.

Scalability is one of the intrinsic characteristics of environments. It is a perfect web scale model

Technical support is the jewel of Nutanix and its products. There is no other company with this level of response and quality after Apple.

We previously used rackable servers and VMware as core software along with vSPhere as hypervisor. We switched to Nutanix hardware and its free, native hypervisor AHV, which is really cool.

The initial configuration of the entire environment and its tools was practically invisible. The learning curve does not exist, literally.

The implementation was in-house. Zero problems

In our case, the ROI was only 11 months.

It is essential to take into account the licensing terms. In this regard, Nutanix offers options that allow licensing for much longer terms than the competition and that is a great advantage.

Before using this product we evaluated vxRail as a solution, but economic aspects and compatibility problems made us go for Nutanix and its environment.

What other advice do I have?

Undoubtedly a world-class solution in the administration of hyperconverged environments.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More Nutanix Prism Pro reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Nutanix Prism Pro. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.