Nutanix Prism Review

Good technical support, straightforward to set up, and the included hypervisor works well

What is our primary use case?

We use Nutanix Prism to manage our CVMs.

I use this solution occasionally, although not in our production environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are Prism Central and the Disaster Recovery. These features only come in the platinum edition, as far as I know.

It is flexible because you can use different hypervisors.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the capability to use FC SAN storage. Currently, this technology is not supported.

In our experience, it is stable. Given that we do not use it in a production environment, however, we do not use it on a daily basis.

Nutanix Prism is definitely scalable.

Nutanix is very good when it comes to providing technical support.

We also use NetApp HCI and there are differences between them. For example, in NetApp, the hypervisor is unchangeable and works only with the VMware version. That is one of the disadvantages. On the other hand, NetApp is scalable in terms of both storage and compute, independently. It is not more scalable than Nutanix, but hit has independency of storage and compute, which might make it more cost-effective in some situations.

Another disadvantage of NetApp is that it's more expensive.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Nutanix Prism is priced better than some of the competing solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Nutanix Prism is to use the hypervisor that comes with it because there is no reason to use another one.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Nutanix Prism reviews from users