Nutanix Prism Review

Good support, competitively-priced, and fast performance

What is our primary use case?

We are using Nutanix Prism with our Linux systems.

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Prism is very fast compared to VMware and whatever you need to do, you can do it quickly.

What needs improvement?

The only issue with Nutanix is that when you want to take a snapshot, you have to power down and then back up, which creates a short period of downtime. This is a negative point for Nutanix because, in our environment, downtime is not something that we get easily. VMware does not have this issue.

I would like to have more control from Prism so that you can control everything from there, as it does with vCenter.

Nutanix does not support all of the Linux distributions, so we have to use VMware in some cases.

I have been working with Nutanix for the past two years.

There is a limitation when it comes to scalability. We have a lot of tools in our environment so the resources are at about 80% capacity. In order to add more tools, we have to add another node and move the VM into another cluster. This will create downtime. Currently, we have 14 nodes.

Nutanix technical support is very good. You just log a call, they respond, and you can easily get support.

I used VMware for six years but I am now more comfortable with Nutanix. Nutanix Prism is cheaper in price and they are very supportive.

The initial setup is straightforward. I would not say that it is tough, or complex, but rather a very easy setup.

This product is cheaper than using VMware.

What other advice do I have?

Nowadays, I recommend that people use Nutanix Prism. I have been using Nutanix for two years and feel that it is very good compared to VMware. I spent six years working with VMware and am more comfortable with Nutanix. They are very supportive.

My only complaints about Nutanix are that downtime is required more often and the issue with resource limitations when clustering.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Nutanix Prism reviews from users