Nutanix Prism Review

The synchronization between our data centers is great and it's very functional in case of a failure

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use Nutanix Prism for storage.

How has it helped my organization?

The programs is very functional in case of a failure, because snapshots are taken every 30 minutes, and we also have synchronization between our two data centers. So whenever  we have a failure, we have another data center that is responds for every machine we have.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable, is the integration between data centers.

What needs improvement?

Perhaps the interface can be more intuitive. It's easy, but it is very slow at the beginning.

I've been using the latest version of Nutanix Prism for four years now.

I am very satisfied with the technical support.

We've had no issues with the setup and installation. In terms of time, it was very fast. In terms of testing, it was very slow, but when everything had been verified and updated, the latest patches and everything, the program was working great.

The deployment took about one month, and it was done by Nutanix people provided by Dell. We are satisfied with their work and we have an annual review of both systems.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I will rate this solution an eight. What I'd like to see in the next release, is for it to be open to other platforms. That would be great, because now it's only available on Mac, IBM and Dell. Perhaps wide-open hardware would be great.

In the past we used to get alarms and an detector. Sometimes the messages you get from a problem doesn't point directly to the origin of the problem. So you have to elaborate some things for having a conclusion on what is failing. Perhaps they can improve this entire process, from beginning to the end, where you find a solution. In other words, being able to make the right decision faster.

More Nutanix Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE OneView
Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, VMware, Dell EMC and others in Virtualization Management Tools. Updated: March 2021.
473,605 professionals have used our research since 2012.