Nutanix Prism Review

Has improved performance for our virtual desktops and is easy to manage

What is our primary use case?

I work as an ICT System Administrator in a tertiary institution and Nutanix is the platform we use for virtual desktop, VDI. We have approximately 200 members using the solution in addition to which we also have 350 students. The students only use it on a floating desktop pool, not concurrently.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would be performance. Since we began using Nutanix the performance for virtual desktops is much better. It's easy to manage Nutanix with no downtime during periods of maintenance. There has also been a big improvement in the dashboard which is now very easy compared to earlier solutions.

What needs improvement?

The main area where an improvement could be made would be the pricing. Aside from that, it's a very good product.

An additional feature that could be included would be to make an easy connection to closed systems such as Azure.

I've been using Nutanix for five years.

The product has excellent stability.

It's very easy to scale because it's a cluster. We started with four nodes then add a fifth to add a vision computer. There were no issues and no down time.

Customer support has improved a lot since the early days.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others using VDI to add All-Flash clusters, so no ordinary disk, but All-Flash disks for performance. That's something I would suggest, but that is more specific for VDI environments.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

Private Cloud