Nutanix Prism Review

Multi-access login, simplified management, impressive GUI and dashboard

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators working on multiple HCI solutions. Our clients are using this solution for single data storage virtualization and computing, which includes centralized reporting. Customers can access these reports, and based on their reports they can go for further upgrades or migrated workloads.

What is most valuable?

The GUI and the dashboard are impressive. I like that you can modify the GUI and the dashboard as per your requirements.

The gateway is a hypervisor and with their hyper-converged platform, customers are free to choose any hardware or comparable hardware.

What needs improvement?

If I am comparing it with VMware, it is still not as compatible. I am not comfortable in working with the automation in Nutanix Prism or the SAN side. The automation needs to be improved, as there are several challenges.

I have been using this solution for more than five years.

The stability is great! It's a very stable platform and overall, the software is very impressive.

This solution is scalable and I haven't experienced any challenges.

We contacted technical support many times during the expansion of the existing cluster. When exporting the cluster there was an error because there was a dependency on the hypervisor. They were able to help us expand the existing platform.

The initial setup is straightforward. The tier one has a six-node cluster and they have expanded to a two-node cluster.

What other advice do I have?

Three important things will minimize the number of people required to run your center.

1. Multi-Access Login.
  2. Simplified Management.
  3. System administration.

I would also suggest going with Prism Pro. You will get more features, and with the Normal Nutanix Prism, you are getting limited features.

More Nutanix Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE OneView
Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, VMware, Dell EMC and others in Virtualization Management Tools. Updated: June 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.