Nutanix Prism Review

Ideal solution for virtual machine and storage management

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the solution is for virtual machine management and storage management. I work as a technical support specialist and we're a customer of Nutanix.

What is most valuable?

The event management is a very valuable feature, and resource management is also very good. Their storage management is one of the best. They do very good deduplication and compression.

What needs improvement?

I think perhaps they can improve on the price but it is a good product.

I've been using the solution for about one year.

We've contacted technical support for minor issues. Perhaps the response time could be improved but technically the customer support is very good.

Initial setup was done by a specialist contractor who was trained on Nutanix so we didn't have any issues with setting up. They did a great job.

We are evaluating other products such as VMWare, but that's for other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Anyone considering the solution should give it a test run. Try it in your environment. Check if your applications or your credit systems are compatible. I would say to anyone who has the budget to go for it, it's a really good system.

There is always space for improvement so I would rate the product a nine out of 10.

More Nutanix Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE OneView
Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, VMware, Dell EMC and others in Virtualization Management Tools. Updated: April 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.